“Act and prepare before the occurrence, because the loss of life cannot be tolerated”
Himalayan Risk Research Institute (HRI) is an interdisciplinary organization and network of young scientists and professionals working in disaster risk research, humanitarian actions and voluntarily social works.
OUR WORKING AREAS
HRI HOSTS THE U-INSPIRE NEPAL PLATFORM
| SOCIAL AWARENESS CAMPAIGN |
Social Awareness Campaign is a two year (2020 and 2021) long joint campaign of the Himalayan Risk Research Institute (HRI) with other partners. The project has an aim to reach as many people and make them aware of hazards and disasters.
| GEO-HAZARD RESEARCH |
HRI has established a Natural Hazards Section with an aim to identify the causes of natural hazards in the Himalayas, analyze the risk and reduce the risk either through preparedness or by mitigating them from the root level.
- Roads and landslides in Nepal: how development affects environmental risk [SCI-index, IF=2.8]
- Framework for improving the resilience and recovery of transportation networks under geohazard risks [SCI-index, IF=2.5]
- Mapping the susceptibility of rainfall and earthquake-triggered landslides along China–Nepal highways [SCI index, IF=2.1]
- Spatial relations of earthquake induced landslides triggered by 2015 Gorkha Earthquake Mw = 7.8 [Springer Cham.]
- Landslide susceptibility in Rasuwa District of central Nepal after the 2015 Gorkha Earthquake [Nepjol]
GLIMPSES OF ACTIVITIES